PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bertrand Piccard nomination for the HGAP Masters Medal
Old 5th May 2016, 07:13
Flying Lawyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jay Sata

On 27 April you wrote:
The number one UK GA forum has blocked all discussion of this topic.
I agree that is an excellent GA site. Several people who occasionally post in this forum are very active there.

Blocked all discussion?!!
What the Moderator of that site actually said (earlier the same day) was:
The merits, or otherwise, of this flight have been dissected to subatomic level on previous threads and a rehash thereof is probably not going to give many new or interesting viewpoints.
For that reason this thread will be locked.
If anyone has any strong feelings about this or a convincing argument, feel free to send a PM
One of the previous threads to which he referred had run for 105 posts before being closed.
In that thread, two posters - Sam Rutherford and someone called 'Old Pilot' (who made the same points over and over again despite pleas by others not to do so) before the Mod eventually said (on 9 Feb 2016):
‪I am struggling to think of a good reason to keep this thread open so I'm closing it. If anyone wants to make a plea for it to be brought back to life drop me an email…‬
IMHO the Mod was sensible and reasonable on both occasions.

You have already made a fool of yourself with ill-informed criticism of the 'Air Pilots' and by starting this thread suggesting that Bertrand Piccard should be awarded the Master's Medal for the Solar Impulse flight - and repeating it in your latest post - when he has already been awarded it: See post 12 above.

You have made your point that TCT's flight was not solo in any sensible meaning/interpretation of that term.
No-one has disagreed with that - in either of your other two threads on this topic.
Many of us already knew.

You have made your point that describing it as solo is, at the least, very misleading.
No-one has disagreed with that - in either of your other two threads in this forum.

Please stop sending me PMs.

Like most people, I'm used to receiving junk e-mails but I don't want junk in my PM box.
I'm a lawyer. There are other professionals who can help you with your obsessive compulsive behaviour.