PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Should I take the longer runway
View Single Post
Old 5th May 2016, 04:45
JammedStab

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Piltdown Man
Jammed stab - You are either an amateur, a troll or just having a laugh. You are also changing the OPs initial question because contaminated runways did not come into their question. Furthermore, my understanding is that you have slippery runways, you will always be using full thrust, no matter what the length of the runway. The important thing is that it is safe enough and whilst the margins might not be as fat (we were not provided with obstacle data nor we we told how close we were to that perf. limit of the derate), they are adequate. So unless I'm given values to these margins, I'll take whichever runway fits in with my company's operation requirements. And are you also saying that if faced only being able to use the shorter runway, you wouldn't go even if the performance figures say you can?

PM
If I am the amateur, then why are you the one saying that we will be using full thrust on a slippery runway no matter what the length of the runway.

Suggest you head back for PPL school for starters and stay there while we use a TO2 derate thrust for takeoff. I do admit that I am "having a laugh" though about your earlier statement stating "unfortunately, this discussion appears to show that too many people who fly public transport aircraft have a poor grasp of safety, performance".