PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My new-ish SSD failing or is it W10 again?
Old 4th May 2016, 10:22
Loose rivets
Psychophysiological entity

Location: Tweet Rob_Benham Famous author. Well, slightly famous.
Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts
. . . which is important on a machine that runs hot. i.e. some of the power supply heat seemed to be carried towards the graphics and processor area - so, a little pre heating. The screen off button helps a lot with that.

Following a link on this forum for e-buyer HD's, I did buy a HD for my PC, but I got a WD RED. I suspect mostly because it matches my jumper, because I know little about the advantages in real terms. 24/7, they claim, and not a huge % increase in price. It will go as logical drives E and F, replacing the temporary little drive out of my wife's defunct HP.* The SSD will remain in C and D to keep that pleasing increase in speed.

Now all I need is a new PC. I'll be asking about small cases soon as I need to keep everything miniaturised in this nomadic life of mine. The Hi-Fi amp I just sold weighed in at 56lbs. Those days have gone forever.

*See Graphics failure and Re-Balling. At least we got some use out of the bits when my final heat process incinerated the board. I got it going for a short while. Oh, BTW, there's a chap here in Frinton who has used a hand-held blower and heat shields cut from Coak tins who claims considerable success with re-balling.