PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EC225 crash near Bergen, Norway April 2016
Old 4th May 2016, 08:55
helili

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
According to the eyewithnessesand to the damage on the aircraft, i think it is not possible that the accident is caused by a broken suspensionbar/bolt/fitting, especially not the forward one.
The eyewithness told that the aircraft was sideway wobbling , then there came 3-4 cracksound(epicyclic/ringgear+3 suspension bars?), then the rotor an AC separated. The Rotor then flew/fell to one side(guess it has to do with the direction of rotorspinning) and the AC to the other side.

Her is a translation , and a link to one of the eyewithness:

« I was outside with my daughter, i heard the helicopter comming, so i picked her up and pointed at the helicopter.
I told my daughter «there is daddys northsea-helicopter»
After 3-4 seconds it started to wobble very much back and forth, and then there came 2-3-4 quite large «bangs», and i can see that parts are separating from the helicopter, most likeley the gear.
Then i see the rotor goes off the helicopter, and the helicopter fell to the ground»

He then says:
«The helicopter flew normal, then i saw it wobble and heard a «bang», after about two seconds i heard one more «bang» and then the helicopter goes straight to the ground»

Øyenvitne: ? Jeg så at rotoren falt av ? deretter gikk helikopteret i bakken - NRK Hordaland - Lokale nyheter, TV og radio

If one of the supensionbar failed, i would think that the rotor would behave another way, it looks like it is ripped right of. The MGB module was also remaining on the AC

Pretty strange that the slidingcowling seems to have no big damage.

Last edited by helili; 4th May 2016 at 10:25.