PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Qantas Uniform
View Single Post
Old 4th May 2016, 08:36
IsDon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Shadowfromthesky
I think people will begin to like the uniform when they see the real thing. However, I do agree metal wings would of been nice.

The white part of the hat is actually a type of bonded rubber, so it will clean very easily. They did a lot of testing with it. Also the uniform was designed with a large amount of pilot input. They made many changes based on early testing from groups of pilots. Also when you look at the survey's many of them were sitting right in the 50/50 mark of what pilots wanted, so the designer was always going to have a hard time pleasing everyone. The actual quality and cut of the uniforms is a huge improvement also.
I don't think anyone has any great issue with the suit. Hat aside the pants and jacket look smart.

The main issue people have is with the wings, epaulettes and cap badge. You know, the things that turn a suit into a uniform. None of these were shown to any of us before the reveal. Even the models had to sign non disclosure clauses.

What bizarre behaviour. Making pilots sign a non disclosure to keep other pilots from finding out what they will wear before the general public.

That just shows the whole focus was on the reveal, the event and how much publicity they could get. The focus should have been on producing something that the people actually wearing the thing would be happy with.

A colossal cock up.