PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wizzair
Thread: Wizzair
View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2016, 21:58
KayPam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To do 100 hours flying, you work around 150 - 200 hours FDP. You are not paid by the hour. You ALWAYS work when everybody else has holidays, because that is peak season for the airlines. You do not get extra pay to work these "special periods"
My job as an engineer is around that, but you can top it off with some hours spent in traffic !
Working when nobody does is actually a huge advantage if you don't have a wife/kids (which is my case and that could last). On december 24th (2015) i was visiting an air traffic control center and saying "merry christmas" to airplanes along with the few messages that the ATC allowed me to pass on frequency.

I've decided to stop waiting for a providential cadet programme and go on with my theoretical ATPL. In the worst case i'll get a cheap practical training from an eastern flight school and wash it (typical french saying) with an MCC/JOC from CTC.
This would also leave me the possibility of joining the fast track option 2, for a total of 90k

I know how to calculate a loan repayment, I coded my own loan calculator. I am an engineer, I know Excel :lol: .
Only data missing is : what are typical interest rates for aviation training loans ?

The salary after 10 years at Wizz will have increased to much more than 2500€... You're not arguing in good faith on that point.

The crucial information is the salary, its evolution over the years, and the amount left (after tax, or not if you dodged them..) at the end of each month to pay for living expenses + loan.

This is also a perfect opportunity to ask you that question :
Should i go with Wizzair or pay approx half as much and go for the cheapest modular training available ? (I heard it's around 20k for CPL IR ME)