PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tamworth industry rally - friday 6 may 2016
Old 3rd May 2016, 21:13
Sunfish

Received 89 Likes on 32 Posts
Vag:
fred public/businesses are not using GA for transport or why people are not undertaking training?
How about the fact that an ignorant media regards everything smaller than a B737 as some sort of death trap?

How about the fact that I spent $1000.00 for about three hours of dual in a C172 for some refresher training?

How about the fact that light aircraft are banned from national parks?

How about the fact that the tourist industry and CASA actively discourage air tourism or community based air activities like Angel Flight?

How about the fact that almost all local councils want aerodromes for property development and actively work to prevent aviation businesses from expanding?

How about the fact that Australians regard aviators as silvertails who deserve no consideration?

How about the fact that Airservices, Airlines and the RAAF regard GA aircraft as "air pollution"?

How about the fact that pilots are up for a $250 ASIC check every Two years? And the medical? And the flight review?

How about the fact that pilots face criminal charges if they breach a huge set of incomprehensible, draconian and nonsensical regulations that are administered by an ignorant, capricious, vindictive and corrupt regulator?

….and how about the fact that nobody in Canberra gives a flying **** about GA?

If I knew all this when I started, I would have bought a bigger boat instead.

To put all that another way, if the Federal treasurer had announced a $1000 annual tax on each aircraft in last nights budget speech, there would have been loud applause from all sides of Parliament (especially the Greens) and the media would accept the move without criticism on Wednesday morning.