PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar Aiming for 50% Gender Spilt in Interview Candidates
Old 3rd May 2016, 20:18
Orange future

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Framer

“Isn't that the exact same thing as someone saying " The focus should…..”

Yes, it is the same argument although I suspect it would be a lot more difficult trying to guide men into to putting up with babies and toddlers than to guide women into flying jets. But if the childhood education department sees value in increasing the participation rate of men in order to achieve satisfactory staffing levels then good on them.

GG

“Often the girls find a bloke and settle down.”

True, I think it would be much harder for women to be involved in airline flying if plans included raising kids. As a dad I was able to sneak away for trips when the lads were young but my wife was much more entrenched in the whole process, most mothers are.

No one is expecting to see the imbalance shift from 5% to 50%, clearly that is not going to happen. But airlines have a right to try and at least encourage women if possible.

Joe

Is there a reason you are closed minded and aggressive when debating on the Internet? Its not required, most posters here with opinions apposed to mine don’t resort to such childish behavior.

Does it make you feel uncomfortable knowing I am a pilot. Are you aware that many pilots out there have opinions that differ from yours; they just cant be bothered debating someone who is so fragile?