PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Liberal Party wins, Bombardier wins
View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2016, 20:16
Willie Everlearn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GF
Don't I wish, but not to mislead anyone, I haven't flown in a few years now. I just cheer from the sideline. I have previously flown Boeings, including the 700/800/900 series NGs, just not recently. I've flown Airbuses as well, but not FBW Airbuses. I've flown Bombardier products too for that matter. So perhaps to clarify, I might have more accurately said I've flown (products from) all 3. (not to mention others)
There are differences between these 3, as you probably know. Following the C series as I do, it's obvious they're onto something quite impressive (Bombardier, that is). Why wouldn't any Canadian hope to see this aircraft succeed? I'm surprised it's taking so long to sell but not as shocked to see how afraid A and B are of the little guy as evidenced by their deep discounts. I'm hoping they do better than many skeptics in here seem to want, and I believe they will. Whatever. It's okay to disagree.
Concorde was suppose to render the B747 useless. We know how that turned out so, I understand what my opinions are up against.

peekay4
Great post.
Unfortunately, more 'analysis' to back up the logic. Tough to argue.
To me, airlines aren't necessarily logical. Delta bought their own refinery. How dumb was that back when? Wait. How smart is it today?
It wasn't that long ago you said Bombardier was done. Well, we don't know yet whether or not they're done but one thing they are, is fighting hard to survive and compete. They're still here and this sale helped. Their success has the entire Canadian aerospace industry on its back. Let's hope this Delta sale is the first of many more.
They'll never get to the same level of sales as A or B with their older competitor aircraft. That isn't saying much.

Willie