PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EC225 crash near Bergen, Norway April 2016
Old 3rd May 2016, 16:47
roundwego

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SimCaptain
roundwego,

In Norwegian language - the term "Teknisk feil" in this context equals to something technical going wrong with the helicopter. They did not say anything else. I.e. - They said it was not a pilot error. Nothing was said about maintenance error.

I read in the Norwegian newspaper VG that there was only less than 1 second notice from fault detection until the rotor snapped.

I am only a pax on the Super Puma. I do short inspection jobs in the North Sea. I have recently gone through the repetition course for the HUET and even the EBS (emergency breathing system) wich is now mandatory on UK sector. I'm not comfortable with the Super Puma. If they would only have time to ditch it every time.... - I could at least get use of my training.......
Hi SimCaptain. You have proved my point that interpretation of the spoken work leaves room for misunderstanding or misinterpretation. I wasn't at the press conference but I have yet to see any written statement issued at the time of the conference to back up any verbal statements. It is my view that Norwegian AAIB should not have held a face to face press conference at this early stage. All they needed to do was issue a preliminary report which should have been issued in both Norwegian and English, the English version having been checked for correct and unambiguous translation.

I sympathise with your situation regarding having to travel offshore under the present circumstances irrespective of the type you fly in.