PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Has anyone done the Wings Alliance "Airline Ready Course"
Old 3rd May 2016, 16:12
Reverserbucket

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
True Alex, but EASA are waking up to the lack of standardisation amongst professional flying instructors and the significant differences in training within a 'harmonised' Europe. Perhaps a return to CAP509?

sapperkenno
I'm also surprised that it seems the likes of Oxford and CTC are becoming attendance courses too when doing the zero to hero CPL/MEIR (with ATPL exam passes) route, and you just keep throwing money at them until you pass, and either get a job or throw more money to pay2fly rather than having to prove any real skill or aptitude anywhere along the line. I've flown with a few of these cretins now in light GA, and I'm honestly shocked and quite disgusted that they hold EASA CPL/MEIR yet can't operate a light single safely or have any sense of captaincy or ADM skills.
Becoming?....The key here is production - these are businesses that must meet KPI's and whose customers have been lead to anticipate success. They weren't being trained to fly single-pilot multi-engine types - that was nothing more than an obstacle to achieving the dream sold to them by the ATO. Some may argue that it has forever been this way but I disagree; look at the AST Perth thread here http://www.pprune.org/aviation-histo...ne-1966-a.html - I bet there are no student's these days who keep a diary of their training or make any photographic record of what should be one of the most enjoyable and important parts of their life and career (unless you count the dumb sounding blogs where you see written "today I fly the plane with the two engines for the first time...another box ticked towards a proper plane and my four stripes - awesome!" and selfies of them on their first solo taken from outside the cockpit looking in using a GoPro). I feel that fibod has hit the nail on the head by asking the question
If aviation is your passion, why don't you want to learn all their is to know about it?
The reason is that few seem passionate about what was once a great career with great people and great prospects. Sadly, like much in life today, flight training is more concerned with the price of everything and value of nothing.

Last edited by Reverserbucket; 4th May 2016 at 09:41.