PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EC225 crash near Bergen, Norway April 2016
Old 3rd May 2016, 13:18
terminus mos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So in terms of the 2 pilot error ones, I suggest they should be discounted in terms of blaming the airframe. The two ditchings due to bevel gear shaft - possibly avoidable with more rigorous use of HUMS abut anyway problem identified and sorted. REDL with its planet gear, there is perhaps some debate as to whether it was avoidable with more rigorous maintenance procedures (trivial things like communications with the manufacturer in writing, not over the phone). This is the only one that leaves me a bit uncomfortable. But then again if you look at the number of hours flown by the SP fleet etc...

And now something which is looking like a maintenance error (although we don't know for sure yet).

All that set against the fact that the SP family was by far the predominant type flying the N Sea and so not surprisingly had the most accidents.
Phew, for a minute I was worried HC but now that's all cleared up, thanks.

Now that Airbus has lifted the suspension, my regulator is mute, having not suspended flights, all I have to do is persuade our operator to lift their (apparently unnecessary) suspension and the pilots to fly as normal and all will be statistically fine.

Last edited by terminus mos; 3rd May 2016 at 14:08. Reason: "Grumpy" added to suggest irony