PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - WORLD AVIATION MUSEUMS - Mod post 16/05
View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2016, 10:31
Wander00

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks (?) to the French air traffic strike I was detained in UK a day or 3 extra, and had to blag a bed off friends in Cambridge, so Saturday toddled off to Duxford with the intention of looking at the revamped American Air Museum. Thought it was brilliant, and congratulations to all involved. However, what I was not expecting was the "mini- air display" that I enjoyed. Clearly there are plenty of people ready to cough up the best part of £3k for 30 minutes in the back of a Spitfire 2 seater, because it was like the old joy-riding days with Spitfires instead of Austers. The Blenheim flew twice, and on one flight looking through the camera viewfinder it looked as thought it had suffered engine failure - turned out the dark stream behind was an ashes scattering - RIP whoever that was. The Catalina was flying circuits, and later a Hurricane and Spitfire flew two display practices, as did a Rapide. All the while the Tiger Moths and Rapides were in evidence pleasure flying. Absolutely brilliant day. Many thanks to all