PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Liberal Party wins, Bombardier wins
View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2016, 00:03
Willie Everlearn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
galaxy

Up-gauged Regional jet??? Some new advantages??? I don't agree with that analysis at all.
You obviously haven't been anywhere near a C series. Maybe you should hold off on your assessment before blowing this aircraft off as nothing more than a wannabe.
Airbus and Boeing may soon regret having decided to do nothing more than re-engine their airframes and add fancy new winglets. Whoop-de-do.
Their decisions were nothing more than an attempt to cut Bombardier out of the action. So far, it's been working. What many are missing here is what the CS100 and CS300 are capable of and what the future expanded capabilities are in this aircraft.
I'm sure A&B are hoping Bombardier doesn't start cutting their grass, in fact they're doing everything they can to prevent BBD from doing so, and for good reason. Otherwise their duopoly starts to suffer more lost sales.
Someone previously stated a huge sale of B737s to United was a blow to Bombardier. Well, every C series airframe sold is a blow to both Airbus and Boeing. Not to mention Embraer and Mitsubishi. What applies to one also applies to the others.

I'm not so sure a CS500 isn't in Bombardier's future plans. They've copyrighted it and the C Series type rating is the BD500 (for all variants). Of course, they need a better financial footing first. Another sale like the Delta sale and this company's future takes on a whole new reality and elevates it to a whole new threat level.

That's not news, that's just the competitive reality.

ALPA will do what it needs to do to protect its members. The airline will do what it needs to do to be profitable for its shareholders. Whatever aircraft fits the bill will be the aircraft of choice. ALPA's say will be limited one way or another.

Willie

Last edited by Willie Everlearn; 3rd May 2016 at 00:22.