PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - STANSTED - 2
Thread: STANSTED - 2
View Single Post
Old 2nd May 2016, 23:13
pamann

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can anyone explain why domestic arrivals dumps u outside? You then have to push thru the smokers to get back into the terminal....
I do get where Waldo1 is coming from.

You are pretty much dumped outside the main terminal. It's not exactly the greatest 'Welcome to London' now is it?! With the £600m infrastructure investment I'd like to think they might do some work with and invest in domestic arrivals, perhaps connect the exit better with the train station/bus station/car parks. It does almost feel like you're being dumped out of the ar$e end of the terminal. International arrivals you're greeted with M&S, Burger King, coffee shops, desks offering options for onward travel by bus, rail etc... Domestic offers you a couple of seats and a vending machine. To me it seems like it was a poor after thought when they re-jigged the terminal perhaps someone forgot to consider the domestic arrivals experience?

Just look at what Gatwick has achieved in terms of customer experience and terminal aesthetics since it's take over from BAA. Stansted does in areas seem like a botch job done on the cheap with very little thought or consideration put into improving the customer experience.