PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SOUTHEND 5
Thread: SOUTHEND 5
View Single Post
Old 2nd May 2016, 14:45
chesna152

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Pain in the R's
chesna152 wrote

Well it happened again last night. Maybe there wasn't not enough staff willing to work or the airport willing to pay them
I believe last night was due to the aircraft in question being Stansted based (having positioned in earlier in the day after a tech issue). The handling issue that the easy jet app mentioned was I believe due to the, what would have been, very early morning
positioning flight. In this case a departure requires different skilled staff to those just dealing with an arrival, who on this occasion were not available.

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying that issues like this don't reflect anything but poorly on Southend, however the quote from me above was referencing a discussion where you seemed to have the wrong impression that the airport 'closed' at midnight, or any other time which you norminally made up, something which you have now conceded is simply not true, and has been demonstrated on several occasions in the past few months, sadly things appeared to have gone a little wrong on this occasion!