PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EC225 crash near Bergen, Norway April 2016
Old 1st May 2016, 19:24
Pablo332

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, for what it's worth (and my speculations are usually worth nothing) I see in the close-u rotor picture the intact and pin-less Load Stay as the main issue.
All the other breakages on the Hub Assy may be symptoms of a major control and torque disprution causing blades to clash and flail breaking pitch links and scissor links and the Hub Assy to wrench from the gearbox. As the Stay is obviously still connected to the Hub Assy and apparently 'straight', unlike the other assemblies, I believe this shows that this detached first. Possibly due to an unsecured lower pin moving out of the lugs.
In the picture of airlifting the recovered head, I believe the shaft is very apparent and the bell housing not fully apparent. I also believe the stress of taking the weight has sheared through the bell housing, perhaps ripping off under the bolted top flange.
Pure observation and speculation for which I am about to get heavily criticised....
My apologies to all involved in this tragedy for approaching this thread so coldly.

Lower suspension bar retaining hardware appears intact, have another go.