PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAA examiner in Europe
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2016, 12:12
custardpsc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bose-x pretty much has it right ( as he often does... ) . The only DPE does have a website which, whilst he has toned it down a bit a while ago, does come across as a little fierce.
PROBLEMS & Useful Info

I suspect that judging by the number of poorly researched queries about FAA certificates on here, he probably does have a lot of people turning up ill prepared or with misconceptions. He was very helpful to me when I called to enquire, it must be said.

The catch 22 here is that without demand, the FSDO likely won't approve further examiners. And the other point in play is that much fuss has been made about work permits and US citizens working in the UK without a work permit/visa. I think that may form part of Janeen's reluctance to return, which is a shame as the market does require some competition and availability if it is to grow. If anyone actually wanted to do something about the situation, getting clarification that a visiting DPE conducting a flight test or even issuing a 61.75 certificate didn't need anything in the way of work authorisation would be a great start.....