PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Processor version
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2016, 11:37
Loose rivets
Psychophysiological entity

Location: Tweet Rob_Benham Famous author. Well, slightly famous.
Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts
My Sony laptop is finally under control and about 25 secs to load to usable. Really no point in doing anything but a shut down.

The i7 is only an old 'un (Q740 @ 1.73GHz) yet I've always been concerned about the core temps being on the verge of red. Heat sink is clean. This was not the case on my Asus i5, though I should mention the guy that sold it to me had put a very high spec heatsink compound in it and swore blind it made a difference. He was a phone techie so I suppose he got the goo free. I know it to be horrendously expensive and wonder if it's worth the added cost.

I prepared my Scandisk SSD by way of an adaptor on my PC's USB. It would not reduce below 127Gb in the first partition without using utilities. I was thinking of setting C to circa 80Gb and putting Office in there, but 127 is a bit disappointing at 125 and 97 Gb's

Just signed up with ebuyer and picked the middle drive with FREE DELIVERY loud and clear. They added delivery charge. I'll phone them Tusesday, but I guess they'll say there had to be a minimum order. Fine, just as long as they tell me first.