PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - This is your Captain Sleeping....
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jul 2003, 00:12
gjp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool sleeping !!

Well, well, well - so the Capt in question was "nailed" - this is not the fault of the captain - its a failure of the flight regulations regarding fatigue and crew rest - what about F/o,s who insist on having in seat brief sleep as they just cannot keep their eyes open because they are fatigued due to poor quality rest - person to be blame is the scheduling dept or better still, the regulations concerning rest and the quality of such rest - I believe that the captain used his discretion to make the flight safer by taking a short sleep so that he would be in a better state when it counted most - what this capt was caught doing is almost accepted practice in most airline,s - just not put on paper as the respective airlines would never do that.

wake up regulators!! - why don,t you make the airlines (CAA,s or equivalent - FAA) take some action in the interest of "Their Pilots" Capt or F/o,s - and make sure that sufficient rest (Quality rest) is ensured so that the respective FDP,s are amended in favour of safety and not profits.

Bye for now - going to put my head back for a moment as I'm really tired - could not get a decent sleep in the hotel - normaly don't have a problem sleeping but just could not sleep due to noise in hotel - maybe time zone problem - just wish the AVmed guys would make a decent study of fatigue

>>>>>>>>>