PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar Aiming for 50% Gender Spilt in Interview Candidates
Old 30th Apr 2016, 14:09
das Uber Soldat

Received 127 Likes on 36 Posts
"If an airline wishes to bypass . . . . . Demographic"

No one has suggested bypassing a certain demographic at all. Increasing womens participation is simply broadening the applicant base giving the airline greater access to "the best person for the job".

No one is attempting to manipulate the outcome or ignore clearly defined benchmarks.
God I love repeating myself. SHOW ME WHAT THEY ARE DOING if this is what you allege. What are the nuts and bolts of what J* are doing to increase womens participation, beyond what would be normal career promotion. The wording seems clear to me and most here that they intend on manipulating those selected for interviews and shortlists. You say not, so what are they doing? Where is it?

It takes YEARS to train and garner the requisite experience for a jet job in Australia. If they're out in high schools promoting pilot careers for women, why has HR for the last year been instructed to give a written explanation for why 50% of the interview candidates aren't women, right now?!

"Everybody knows females earn less than thier male counterparts"

Yes, this is correct. In Australia the gender pay gap hovers around 20% in the private sector, there is ample data out there in support.
Utter garbage. The gender pay gap is a stupidifying stubborn myth. Its rebuttal has already been posted in this thread and neatly cherry picked by you.

"There should be more CEO's" followed by "not all women want to persue these choices".

Very true, not all women want to become CEO's. But I assure you that those senior executive women who are aiming to become CEO find it incredibly difficult to break through the glass ceiling. Please dont assume that only a small proportion of CEO's in Australia are women simply because they choose not to be.
Utterly irrelevant to aviation, and I'd still like to see actual evidence for your claim. There are no impediments to women in aviation.
Are you a pilot? It doesn't seem it.