PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot hit by ground vehicle during walk-around!
Old 30th Apr 2016, 07:42
ClassCbird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just seen that some posts have been removed....By the by, I want to make my view point and position clear. I may be "just a pilot's wife", however i have the right to post on this forum. I have grown up around aviation and have worked in the airline industry for nearly as long as my husband.
I've read through this thread again. These issues are absolutely not exclusive to DXB. I have had a catering truck knock a rear right service door off one of it's hinges after the engineering inspection. I was on board at the time so it didn't go un noticed! The caterer simply ran off! And this happened in a so-called "first world" country! My point here is that accidents can happen between the engineer doing their inspection and the crew then doing a walk around. Other examples i have heard of are FOD damaging aircraft on ground due weather after an engineering inspection. To tie this in with the original meaning of this thread, i want to say that ground staff and pilots are not on opposite teams. You're all working to your limits and you are all fallible. Walk arounds are necessary and i hope you all take care of yourselves when doing them.