PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Germanwings crash: Have cockpit doors changed?
Old 29th Apr 2016, 18:03
airsound

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts
fmgc - I’ve tried to answer your sallies politely and with patience. But you just keep pushing.

I have no problem with anybody questioning what I say or write in public. That comes with the territory. But if you want to push me, then at least pay attention to my responses. As well as being disingenuous (you didn’t answer that one), you’re now being condescending.
I bet that anything you write about with regards to Vulcans, airshows and the ilk are very good and interesting.
You also choose not to enter the debate about what you call ‘the press’ - but surely that’s absolutely central to what we’re discussing here? You opened this whole thread by questioning my right to comment. I’m telling you why I have every right.

You suggest that only SMEs should be allowed to enter this arena. Well, in an ideal world, maybe. But tell me, please - how does the broadcaster:
a. find these SMEs
b. get the SMEs to speak in public, when they - and their bosses - are institutionally opposed to any such public airing of views.
c. make sure that an SME actually comes over as audience-friendly?

incorrect and misleading information is being passed to the public as qualified comment
You judge that information incorrect - but, as I’ve said, others don’t. And, as I’ve also said, I’d hardly describe my equivocal ‘support’ for the two-person-flight-deck as argument-settling or fact-changing.
If you had the confidence in what you were writing then I doubt that you would be so ready to throw in the towel.
Where did I say I was throwing in any towel? All I’ve said is that I may not contribute in writing in the way that I did. As a matter of interest, contributing that way was a first for me - and it didn’t work. But I shall continue with my broadcast work, as long as broadcasters want me to - as they did today in reference to the immensely sad Bergen Super Puma event.

So, fmgc - may I suggest that we agree to differ? Neither of us is going to change the way we do things much, if at all. And I expect PPRuNe is probably fed up with this dialogue anyway…….

airsound