PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Has anyone done the Wings Alliance "Airline Ready Course"
Old 29th Apr 2016, 16:47
sapperkenno

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Surely you just do the bare minimum, cheapest course to get the piece of paper in the current hiring climate?
I'm still amazed how American flight crews seem to work together alright despite not having a requirement to have done a "multi crew certificate"...

I also have trouble figuring out how a good friend who is retired UK airlines captain (retired within the last 4-5 years) never did such a course during his career, and neither did his peers who were given grandfather rights. The cynic in me suggests it's just another way of getting money out of people, and surely the onus should lie with the airline when training you to fly for them and follow their SOPs, or be taught during a type rating.

I'm also surprised that it seems the likes of Oxford and CTC are becoming attendance courses too when doing the zero to hero CPL/MEIR (with ATPL exam passes) route, and you just keep throwing money at them until you pass, and either get a job or throw more money to pay2fly rather than having to prove any real skill or aptitude anywhere along the line. I've flown with a few of these cretins now in light GA, and I'm honestly shocked and quite disgusted that they hold EASA CPL/MEIR yet can't operate a light single safely or have any sense of captaincy or ADM skills.