PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Qantas Uniform
View Single Post
Old 29th Apr 2016, 14:10
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
The suit I reckon is OK. Not thrilled with half sleeve gold bars and half width but I'll get over it. I have to admit it still looks pretty good.

The 'centered' rank slides look very corporate. I'm not a fan but they pay me a lot of money and I'll get over it.

The wings I'm disappointed in. I like my wings to look traditional. Wings of a swift I think is how the traditional ones are described? (IsDon? ). Not a fan of these at all. I reckon the bullion ones on the shirts will get very dirty very quickly under harnesses and may even be uncomfortable if there is any bulk to them. Reckon they'll change back to metal in a couple of years time- particularly if we are going through a fair few pair of them as they start to look worn. Again though, they pay me a lot of money......

The hat though? If we are going for the heritage look I wish they would have applied that to the wings, gold bars, etc.

So all in all I'm disappointed but I'll get over it. I'm hoping at least that the shirt, pants and jacket are more comfortable than what we've got at the moment. I'm reliably informed they are.