PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Qantas Uniform
View Single Post
Old 29th Apr 2016, 13:52
bendover26

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So far, I've had all manner of comments from family, friends and neighbours. NONE are positive. All begin with the obvious question (and variants thereof): How could they spend all this money when the airline is barely surviving? Other comments include references to Capt Stubing, The Love Boat, milkmen, postmen, not retro - just old fashioned, etc. I can't agree more with all of them. Some here ask why we should care what we wear. I say it's because we should take pride in our airline and our traditions, and much of that comes from our appearance. The current executive has trashed so much of what was the traditional brand, and this is possibly the last bit to go. The hats are absolutely the most disgraceful and most highly visible element, but the axing of the traditional wings and hat badge - so much a part of Qantas for so long, is beyond reproach. This is what happens when management and some designer they found under a (f)rock are so detached from their workforce. Can't wait til they all bugger off and let someone with an ounce of sense and a GENUINE view to improving workforce relations to pick up the pieces. If there are any pieces left. And if there's anyone out there who has the smarts to do it.