PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - United flight attendant pulls emergency exit, walks away
Old 29th Apr 2016, 12:48
Pakehaboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Portvale,whilst I agree with you,where do you draw the line?.There is a huge difference between those that have "real" issues as opposed to those that show-stand.I would make the point,that we are seeing more of this with a "generation" of younger individuals that are coming into this arena,not all,but more than normal.

You just have to look and listen to some of the "attitudes" that prevail,not hard to see if you take the time to listen.
The help and programmes provided by the larger operations are just that,they are there for the taking,but the stigmas attached when an individual fesses up is where I think most of the issue is.I have a good friend who runs one of these programmes,she tells me often,the company knows several individuals have issues,how do they know this?,the paper trail and the " word on the street",but there is a fine line,as to how they,the company,are able to approach the situation.

Right or wrong,unless that individual specifically asks for help,or does,or says something blatantly obvious,the ability to intervene take action of somekind is small.
These programmes and help are proactive and great,but the stigma attached has huge ramifications,we certainly need to refine how they sell " help"....not an easy sell in an industry such as Airlines