PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Pilot working for US airlines
View Single Post
Old 29th Apr 2016, 11:41
bafanguy

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Zonda,

The graphic you posted shows, IIUC, AA as having 16,000+ apps on file. That's a pretty significant number considering DL only claims to have 5,000 in their undefined "hiring pool". It appears the majority of people being taken on at AA are flows. Comparatively little street hiring ?

I got this very recently from my buddy who's a TWA staple victim who stays in close touch with the situation at AA:

"The number of current on furlough returnees at AA is about 863 and includes all the junior natives (original AA who are still on furlough). ...most of the folks still on furlough are in their late 40's or early 50's. Some a bit older/younger. AA hasn't even thought about the impending shortage because they think they're soooo cool, there will be thousands lined up to apply to the 'wonderful' AA."

It's hard to see AA's mindset in the pilot replacement game but thinking they've got 16+K people to pick from to fill their ~8K pending vacancies might be just a little bit off the mark ?

Without specific definitions of terms, I suppose it's hard to know for sure what they're saying.