PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HEATHROW
Thread: HEATHROW
View Single Post
Old 28th Apr 2016, 21:03
Fairdealfrank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm confused. Are you saying that the reason those areas haven't been built on is that they are being safeguarded, or confirming that the owner simply wasn't prepared to sell ?

Just curious.
I had never heard the farmer story but it always struck me as odd that so much land close to LHR remained as open farmland for decades and I always assumed that it was somehow safeguarded perhaps by that rarest creature the far seeing bureaucrat.

The area south of the airport is pretty much a no no with a huge fuel farm lots more hosues and a hulking great reservoir to be disposed of before you even get to the listed status of Stanwell church , 1120 or similar so its north of LHR or nothing
AFAIK, the land north of LHR was safeguarded for the 3 extra intersecting rwys, but the area needed for 2 mi. long parallel rwy(s) and the adjacant terminal(s), other infrastructure, etc., is larger.

Speaking of which, surely it must almost be time for another Government inquiry ? We haven't had one for almost nine months already
Let's have a ROYAL commission this time, we haven't had one of those for ages......