PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Resignation Tips
View Single Post
Old 28th Apr 2016, 19:49
RonBurgundySD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi All,

I'm on my way out as well (still got 80-something days to go). Thanks to everyone for the great info on this thread. Here are some answers I've been able to gather over the last few days:

(For every question I had, I sent an email to [email protected] and they got back to me in less than a day with either an answer or a reference for where I could go to get it)

- I asked the ALT question and the exact response was: "Kindly note that you may use any annual leave ticket that is already credited under your account without any charges."

- In order to found out how much you may or may not owe for Education Allowances ask: [email protected])

- Leaving before the 90-day period: they said it is apparently possible, but you need to obtain authorization from your department manager (I'm sure we know how that exchange will go, but it's worth a try if you need to get out sooner).

- I went to visit the Etisalat people at the Dubai Mall today and they said they can switch my postpaid mobile phone line to prepaid within 4 hours (no need to switch the number to Du and go prepaid with them). Canceling your home internet account will take 3-4 working days so you should try to do it that many days before the end of any given calendar month in order to avoid the issues people have had with their final bill. He didn't know what I was talking about when I asked about a letter for clearing the guarantee with EK, but I plan to ask the Etisalat people at HQ since I'm sure they must have dealt with it before (anyone else got any advice/info about that?).

- I bank with HSBC and I saw a guy there at the Dubai Mall as well: pay off your credit cards and once the balance is zero you can close it (he said no need to keep any sort of minimum balance in your current account), then just use your debit card until a few days before leaving. Once you're ready to close the current account, transfer out or withdraw any remaining balance, go into any customer service center, make the request to close, and they can give you a "No Liability Letter" that you take to HR to clear the bank guarantee with EK.

- For handing in your resignation, send an email to your respective fleet Chief Pilot.

Hope this helps. Best of luck to everyone!