PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Collective Colour Vision Thread 4
View Single Post
Old 28th Apr 2016, 19:24
delax95

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello everyone.
I'm just here to share with you my experience at the City University.
I know that I am CVD since I was 10, because my mom showed me the Ishihara test and I failed. I decided to go to City after searching on the internet and it was worth it.
I took the tests today, so I don't currently have the full results, but I know the most important part, I passed the CAD test. The first run was 'borderline', so I retook the test two other times and the score was then under the threshold (I got a result of about 11 SN for protan deficiency). As many people have said before, it has nothing to do with the youtube version (I can see the square all the time on it), but I didn't find it too difficult, I was quite relaxed and I was confident despite the first run was a fail. She told me to make an effort on the CAD, because for protan people is the most 'simple' test to pass, if not the only one.
The HW lantern and the Nagel anomaloscope were quite hard to me, I failed the lantern (because she told me) but I don't know the exact results of the anomaloscope, but I think that it will be a fail.
If anyone has questions don't hesitate to ask me, I'm happy to help any future pilot with a color vision deficiency.