PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Germanwings crash: Have cockpit doors changed?
Old 28th Apr 2016, 15:17
fmgc
Plumbum Pendular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mr Airsound,

If you comment on things or write articles in the mainstream media then you can only expect to receive differing views and for your qualification to express those views to be questioned, surely it comes with the job.

I have not taken you out of context, you said what you said. "On balance, an extra crew member on the flight deck is probably beneficial" and the rest of your comments just qualify your statement.

I bet that anything you write about with regards to Vulcans, airshows and the ilk are very good and interesting.

My feelings on the press and a debate about that here is not appropriate, but let us just remember that when it comes to "taking things out of context" the press are hardly innocent!

If you had the confidence in what you were writing then I doubt that you would be so ready to throw in the towel. Maybe you would admit that it is reasoned argument and expressed views that has made you reconsider your future invites rather than just getting a mild bruising.