PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Military Spouse and Being a Pilot
View Single Post
Old 28th Apr 2016, 14:26
cody65

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Military Spouse and Being a Pilot

Hello,

I am wondering if any of you may have some input for me. I just started working for a corporate/charter company and my career is finally starting to get going. However, my soon to be wife is an officer in the Air Force and is worried about deployments and what we will do with our dog or our kids when we have them. She desperately wants children, which is fine, I am onboard with that as long as we have a solution.

I have family in the Northeast, and could transition up there for the time that she will be deployed, and my family said that they are more than happy watching kids or the dog while I work and she is away. They understand the stresses imposed by both of our jobs. This is still an issue with her though because she feels that we would simply be dumping off our kids on our families. She is also concerned that I will not be home at all. My plan is to move on to the regionals and then to the majors once my time allows it.

I am wondering if I should simply forgo my desire to fly professionally and find a different job or if this could all be doable. I am looking for some serious help and suggestions. If I can fly and live my life with her and our family, that would be incredible, as this has been my goal since I was a kid, but if it simply will not work then we need to regroup. Thanks everyone!