PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight deck positions at FlyDubai Master Thread - Merged
Old 28th Apr 2016, 11:51
dubaigong

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Babydash 83,

I guess that you have made your homeworks before applying for FZ and that you have read evrything available on this website about it...
I also guess that you are aware that one of our Aircraft has crashed the 19th of April in Russia during a night flight.
Since then NOTHING has changed in the company , the company have provided some support for the families of the victims , a pin have been manufactured in memory of the FZ981 flight , the flight number has been cancelled and they are talking about building a memorial...
Fine , do you think this will avoid another accident in the future ?
Don't you think that Something else could be done ?
A lot of pilots and cabin crew have resigned and some more will do it as soon as their escape route will be in place.
The only attempt from the company to try to keep the people from leaving has been a annoucement of a future provident fund system ( no company contribution announced yet , you can just put YOUR money for now ) and a nice increase of 12 Dhrs per hour on the flight pay.
Now , I know that coming from the regional in the USA you would die for a jet rating but make your homeworks , many of your american friends left already back to the US.
Other pilots are also leaving back to Europe to join low cost carrier like Ryanair , Jet2 , Norvegian and some others are joining the Chinese carrier on long haul or B737 , other Middle East carrier manage to attract Flydubai pilots ( Emirates , Qatar Airways , Saudia Airlines )
Wish you all the best for your decision