PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LONDON CITY - 2
Thread: LONDON CITY - 2
View Single Post
Old 28th Apr 2016, 09:26
good egg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mik3bravo
Agree. I see no improvement for these negotiated rerouting. It's extending total flight time into City.
Time to switch to other services from other airports. Baggage handling at City is becoming too slow and the reno works now mean pax picked up by bus on ramp for H&S reasons. I feel City is going backwards very fast. Certainly not justifiable to spend extra on a ticket out of City for this sort of mediocre services. Not happy!
There are winners and losers with the LAMP procedures. I guess it's down to what is better overall. Hard data of emissions etc on all routes (in all directions, both inbound and outbound) pre- and post-LAMP implementation is required before any meaningful overall evaluation could be made.
Despite the obviously longer routings noted on previous posts does anyone know flight punctuality times (compared with scheduled times) on these routes?

Do the renovation works to West pier really mean pax are bussed or is it just because occasionally international flights are allocated domestic stand (or vice versa) due to stand availability/capacity issues?
In any case the works to increase pax comfort at departure lounge/gates should be complete soon.

Don't know about baggage handling but suspect the demographic of people using the airport has shifted slightly with more checked-in luggage (rather than travellers with carry-on only).

A couple of arguments there to support why further expansion is required in order to maintain/improve service to meet increasing demand. Of course there are other issues to consider...speaking of which, does anyone know when the outcome of public inquiry will be known? (I suspect, as usual, that it comes down to politics, mayoral elections, etc, etc.)