PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF schedule Vietnam war
View Single Post
Old 28th Apr 2016, 02:51
onetrack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aussie Bob, I do have piccies of SVN and I do recall taking great "above-the-clouds" piccies from the window of the QF B707 - but I'm pretty sure I don't have any pics of the actual aircraft that could ID it.

I do recall having some pics on the ground at Tan Son Nhut, but I recall that they're of warplanes and other airlines aircraft.
Unfortunately, these pics are still on 35mm slides and buried away in a trunk in the garage, I'd have to go on a hunt to find them.

I did have about 130, 35mm slides from SVN scanned and converted to digital (on CD) by a friend about 12-13 yrs ago - but all those pics are scenes of SVN itself, Engineer work I was doing, mates, and equipment items such as vehicles, plant, choppers, and a couple of aircraft.

There are a substantial number of 35mm slides from the era that I have not viewed for many years, I must get them out and digitalise them.
I was just reading an article a few days ago about how most 35mm slides from 40 or 50 years ago are now seriously degraded, and how it's imperative to get professionals to digitise them, as the colours are badly affected by the dyes degrading, and it takes professional programs to correct the serious colour imbalances.