PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I got, GOT. Well, almost.
View Single Post
Old 28th Apr 2016, 00:18
Loose rivets
Psychophysiological entity

Location: Tweet Rob_Benham Famous author. Well, slightly famous.
Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts
Well, I've had a strange day. At lunchtime I was the target of a soul that is bi-polar. After a few short moments of talk of computers, his brain fused, he became utterly transformed, uttered some F words and left the club. I am totally understanding of such behaviour but wonder what happens to the hundreds of trillions of neurons that suddenly cease to function with the same end goal.

Some time about midnight I got into the laptop and it started up seemingly okay. I made sure Kaspersky was up to date and for some reason went for a restart. A few messages saying don't turn of your computer etc., and then a start. Starting Windows was as far as it got.

I like to think the best of people, but I'm sure this first ever hic-up of this Vaio was not a coincidence. I crashed out of the thing with the power button.

Next start I let it do the diags on start up. It spent a long time trying to repair itself, and then asked me if I'd like to go back with a Restore. I said, out loud, Yes please!

It did some skilled internal footling and then worked. I ran a scan and then a Malwarebytes. The latter found 7 items. Goodness knows what they are.

THEN, O, god help me, Windows informs me "You signed up for Windows 10 it will load . . ."

The answer to that is - NO I F@#$%@ING DIDN'T.

I'm not happy.