PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I got, GOT. Well, almost.
View Single Post
Old 27th Apr 2016, 23:47
ExSp33db1rd

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts
I sympathise, I was having trouble accessing my Outlook e-mail programme, and GooGoo'd, which eventually led me to a NZ freefone 0800 number to call M'soft support in NZ.

I ONLY passed my phone number for them to call back, and the phone is not listed in my name, only Mrs Ex's which is a different name to mine, but guess what, the call-back came promptly and the so called NZ operative, who sounded dark skinned and based in a cave in Outer Mongolia immediately addressed me by my Christian name ! Frightening.

Also ... after trying unsuccessfully to locate my problem the voice offered to send me an e-mail of instructions to follow, which he did without asking for me e-mail address, and the result was totally incomprehensible to me, so I took myself off to town and gave my laptop to The Man Wot Does, who fixed the problem in a trice and only charged me half an arm and leg for the privilege, and also refused to let me in to the secret so should the problem arise again I am no nearer fixing it myself.

M'soft then e-mailed me and asked for a survey of their performance - I told them, but since then I have received 3 more requests for participation in their Customer Service, please. I have responded to the last one with a question, Does Nobody Ever LISTEN ??

Was Life supposed to be this hard, it was certainly easier before computers ?