PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Has anyone done the Wings Alliance "Airline Ready Course"
Old 27th Apr 2016, 15:00
gfunc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does anybody have a good guide to the requirements of a MCC/JOC? The courses listed by Alex all seem to have wildly varying formats and costs. I've heard rumours (which could well be nonsense) than some people have been denied job interviews on the basis of too short an MCC/JOC.

Since I'm looking closely at these courses, I'm trying unsuccessfully to weigh up the advantages of the various courses, especially as there is such a disparity in prices etc. It's really hard to weigh up the premium put on the courses with airline connections (e.g. CTC) is justified, as a consumer isn't really privy to the real nature of the relationship: sales pitch or real pathway? Some folks I have spoken to are dead set on going for a premium course, whereas others are trying to get their course completion certificate as cheaply as possible.

Back on topic, one thing that jumps out from Alex's list is that the Wings Alliance course is more than twice as much as the Cardiff Aviation one, but from what I understand the Wings Alliance course is conducted at Cardiff Aviation (please correct me if I'm wrong) - other than 12 more sim hours, what else is included?

Cheers