PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Has anyone done the Wings Alliance "Airline Ready Course"
Old 27th Apr 2016, 10:22
Alex Whittingham

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The first course is just going through. As this was a 'shakedown' course we didn't charge for it. The participants may feed back, I don't know if they are PPRuNers. As Ted says, there are a variety of MCC/JOC course providers out there, many of whom are very good. The price differences reflect the sim time and sim type more than anything else. Offerings differ, my research indicates the following for comparison:

Unfortunately a good two thirds of providers do not put costs on their websites so I may have some of this wrong, if so, apologies and please correct me. In particular Kura's price is only what people who have been through it say they paid. Anyone who can help with that please do.

This particular course is only available to pilots who completed their professional training at Alliance schools and it is worth noting that like the two other top end courses it is pass/fail. The aim is to place the pilots with partner airlines, as you say. As to that, Loganair have an ongoing need for pilots and only take modular, Monarch have said they will take Alliance modular pilots later this year and there is one other airline involved that I can not yet name. Hopefully more will follow, there is an appetite for self-funded modular pilots out there, the airlines' issue is sorting the wheat from the chaff.