PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BELFAST AIRPORT INTERNATIONAL
View Single Post
Old 27th Apr 2016, 09:22
SecondDog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by El Bunto
Says owenc:

No-one does, but as far as I am aware the airport's social media operations are still outsourced to a local company, so they don't have direct access the more interesting material; only what's forwarded to them or for which they're prompted to ask.

Keeping social media fresh and engaging requires positive effort, whereas many companies regard it as a money-sink and try to spend as little time and money as possible on it. That's a mistake because a stale, boring social media feed shapes many peoples' perceptions of the airport itself.

Which is a shame, because a lot more goes-on at the airport that you'd glean from their Twitter feed.
Social media is a tool for the super entitled/easily offended to try to swamp the newsfeed or wall or whatever with often unbalanced comment based on their already established preference for another competitor.

I wonder what you expect to see on the twitter page of an airport if not aircraft. I mean you cannot photo a lot of the goings on anyway.

Also, the airport twitter feed to me seems full of aircraft plus commercial stuff highlighting efforts to boost their offering and if you didn't see all the good stuff from Routes over the last few days then you weren't looking.

#StuffAndNonsense