PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bye Bye Bond
Thread: Bye Bye Bond
View Single Post
Old 26th Apr 2016, 20:19
Thud_and_Blunder

Received 89 Likes on 35 Posts
Unless you're ex ACC/RAF/RN don't even bother applying
Interesting opinion, johni - although as the ACC (Army Catering Corps) were subsumed into the RLC (Really Large Corps) (or was it the AGC (All Girls Corps?)) way back in the 1990s I shouldn't think there are many of them still around.

As for sticking with the known products of the military flying training system, I appreciate that this particular buoy has been rounded many times before, but have you considered that it may be down to the company's previous experiences of recruitment? It can take a lot of time and trouble to clear out mistakes made. Not that pilots from military backgrounds are necessarily guaranteed to be good, but their pasts are easier to put under the microscope.

During my always-interesting, professionally-rewarding and downright entertaining days with BAS, I found - as have many of the more-experienced correspondents above - that effort "in" was amply rewarded by loyalty "out". Not many employers would put a 57-year-old through a full IR, let alone do it all over again with another base pilot. Not to mention providing full TRI, IRI and TRE training to enable said 57-year-old to continue gainful employment within the industry. I wish all employees of BMCS(O) the very best of fortune for the future, and look forward to hearing how they continue to thrive in interesting times. With or without military backgrounds.

Last edited by Thud_and_Blunder; 27th Apr 2016 at 18:12. Reason: Edited to remove any implication of misdeeds