PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - B-738 Crash in Russia Rostov-on-Don
View Single Post
Old 26th Apr 2016, 17:01
4runner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by beardedclam
Interesting how the few posts I have read here clearly hold first officers in extremely low regard. Were you sky gods ever new? I am a new F/O on the A321 and have seen numerous errors by training captains, and gently "suggested" things regularly to muttered thanks. Reciprocal runways, incorrect STARS, gear up, GEAR UP, GEAR UP Please!, delayed Flap retraction, wrong taxiways, requesting FL ABOVE the Max, Missed FMAs, Flex detention for a G/A which is interesting for a few seconds. Never approaching CFIT or the likes, but worthy of raised eyebrows. We aren't just ballast you know.
So glad you could show up to clean house, oh ye master of 250 hours. A bitter, entitled, arrogant, self promoting FO is worse than ballast. They're a danger. You'll wait until the Skipper screws up just so you can come and save the day and fuel your own ego. You'd secretly crave mistakes and will incite discourse in the cockpit. In the US, guys like this are normally weeded out somewhere between their instrument training and airline interviews. I guess if you don't interview and just pay for your job, a few steps and dues were omitted and there weren't enough cracks to fall through.