PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - STANSTED - 2
Thread: STANSTED - 2
View Single Post
Old 26th Apr 2016, 15:04
wings folded

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have just been through the Stansted shopping mall with an ultimate goal of getting on a plane.

I am disabled, not enough to require a wheelchair, but have difficulty in walking.
The enlightened new management of Hispanice origin have opted to make the route from check in to gate as long and as tortuous as possible, forcing you to pass through stands of purveyours of evil smelling synthentic perfumes, where pleasant enough ladies attempt to tempt you. No, bog off, I have a plane to catch.

You announce the gate within a remarkably short time limit, whilst advertising the time to gate as being X minutes.

I am halfway there at my slow pace when I get a nasty announcement that I am awaited at the gate. (All announcements at Stansted are nasty; abandoned baggage, hostility to staff, and so on.

I then discover that on a pier with gates numbered 41 to 59, 41 being of course close to the terminal, a flight is departing from gate 43, but my flight departed from gate 57. Right at the end of the pier. Empty functional gates all the way along my sad limping parcourse. Not a single flight assigned to those gates

On the pier 41 and upwards, is there a moving walkway? No. You have to walk, after a major walk already from check in.

Let's go back an hour or two. After check in I go to the disabled entry to the security check. The snotty little kid tells me to go to there where there are major queues.

I show him my badge, which ought to work, but he heaves a sigh and reluctantly lets me through.

Why should I feel diminished by needing a little cosideration?

Stansted, you have lost the plot. You have made the travellers experience horrible, I used to enjoy your airport. It is now horrendous.