PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot hit by ground vehicle during walk-around!
Old 26th Apr 2016, 11:12
Land Hopper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ah Kobus,

So nice to hear from you again.

I just love the way that you patronise by using your amazing sarcasm. I guess that brings truth to the saying that sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.

It truly does show yourself in your true colours in the constant diatribe and insults you continue to hurl at those not in the cockpit along with what seems to be your belief that anyone other than than pilot is just not worthy.

Fortunately, I am not here to throw insults or get further involved in your petty games.

If you read properly and try to understand my original post you will see that I was not apportioning blame to anyone, merely stating that the ramp is very hazardous area to be in. I was also just asking a very simple question that I am damn sure would get asked during the investigation process.

You may not have seen 'pilots' doing their walk round without wearing a hi visibilty vest but I have seen too many to mention. This is not a jibe at this group of people because there were and still probably are numbers of Engineers, Dispatchers and ground team that do the same. It isn't the definitive answer to this sad accident either.

It would normally be a formality to confirm the above through checking CCTV but experience of this tells me that there is a high probability of the cameras either not working or facing in the wrong direction.

The simple fact remains, in highly congested and busy areas everyone needs to keep their wits about them.

I repeat that until the particular pieces of equipment that were involved in this accident are removed from the operation in their entirety then I fear that there could well be more occurrences.

Yes , I did recently leave the group and have many reasons for doing so, including actually doing something about what frustrated and irritated me rather than just whining and bitching about conditions and treatment. However, I still have many close friends within the Group and I will always keep a close eye and ear out for what is going on.

Finally, has anybody heard an update on the individual hurt in this accident? It all seems to have gone quiet.

I have heard little but again, what I have heard has not been officially confirmed and as such I would not want to publish that here right now.