PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair roadshow in DXB
View Single Post
Old 26th Apr 2016, 08:16
170to5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wasn't planning on commenting again but I will say that while I agree that a lot of Dubai schools would more than raise eyebrows with OFSTED back in the UK, the more common names amongst the pilots (at least the European and non-American guys, a lot of the US guys seem to use DAA, which I know nothing about) are known to be very good, at least the equal to a very good school back home. My wife's company has a steady flow of people coming and going, and coming again and the consensus is that school in Dubai, for the usual suspects, JESS, DESS, DC, King's (for those who have the spare cash!) etc, is actually very good in comparison with comparable schools in the UK.

I can't comment on UK state schools but I know that there are those that are extremely good, the Grammar and RC schools especially, and those (Byker Grove etc) that are less...desirable.

Can't remember off hand but the schools that are at the top of the tree, that you might have to put £3/4k (got the symbol on my mobile) per child per year in for, have a UK ratings board and have a very good reputation...

Anyone whose children have graduated to uni or work able to comment, seeing as this seems to be diverging from the RYR roadshow?