PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair roadshow in DXB
View Single Post
Old 25th Apr 2016, 11:54
Odins Raven

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 170to5
OR

Really well said and thanks. Great - and unusual - to have proper information without 90% opinion and guesswork, glad it's working out well for you...

I don't think it's particularly prima-donna - with school fees, should you want it, and having to pay a mortgage, I think you'd be right on the money with your salary plus an extra to TRI/E as I said, but if you are able to find a good state school and are happy with the kids going there, then great...it's not the same everywhere but I know that Cheshire has always been very good for schooling quality by comparison with the rest of the country, so perhaps that's a geographical consideration and we're lucky to be linked to the North West.

But the numbers you mention are nice to see, maybe the desert has made me cynical, it has about everything else and as you say, I am looking at it with no savings behind me to speak of and that must make a significant difference to the sums. Nice to know that it is possible to leave here with money in the bank!

Hope the rest of it works out well for you, I do miss going to Delamere Forest for a Christmas Tree and the memories of stinking the aeroplane out M&S Curry (or Thai) Day in work on the way to Tenerife are always there...
I agree - I think the schooling is the big thing... IF you do want private education it WILL cost you in the UK at high-school level. And if you live somewhere around Crawley for instance I suspect state schooling may not be that great. Although I don't live there so can't comment...

I'll edit my advice to reflect the fact that Northerners have something to return to ;-)