PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair roadshow in DXB
View Single Post
Old 25th Apr 2016, 06:29
170to5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WTD,

I think we're in danger of having a reasoned and balanced debate on PPRuNe, and I don't think that's allowed, unless it's interspersed with name calling and petty squabbling...

Absolutely, can't argue with you, I lived with a decent FO salary (60 grand) and with a wife that was working, we could make ends meet. I'll say that that's all you can do, again if you're doing school fees and trying to save for uni/the many rainy days.

I think though, that people want to go home feeling like they've something to show for living in the sandpit, and disappearing after 3 or 5 years, which is what I'm talking about (not people who've been here 15+) is probably going to have been a complete waste of time and if anything will have set you back from when you left.

I'm not saying that salaries are derisory, certainly not, but a lot of people in work seem to think that they can keep the yacht on it...

I've heard so many people say that they're going to these road shows recently, that they're going to apply and that they'll leave for sure if they get accepted, no bother about anything because it'll all be better back home. My point was that the same people will go to this one, and then come into work and bang on about how they would go, but actually the money wasn't enough, would you believe it, like they didn't have the first clue of the package or the cost of living back home when they went...which pretty negligent, considering the amount of information out there, and it's also bloody annoying when it's the fourth time I've heard it...

Last edited by 170to5; 25th Apr 2016 at 06:52.