PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Can someone help?
View Single Post
Old 25th Apr 2016, 06:14
GipsyMagpie

Originally Posted by parkfell
Start by learning to glide through the ATC.
Take it from there.
Sorry but one example of the old or just plain wrong advice in this thread. There have been loads of changes (aka cuts) and the ATC gliding has been discussed to death elsewhere. The Air Cadet Pilot Scheme is now only 12 hrs too. I would not give up though but you need to take ownership of your fate. Sqn staff and wing staff are great volunteers but there performance in this sphere can be variable. On our unit for example a list of the scholarships is printed out with closing dates and staff actively help cadets in applying. Wing controls the Air Cadet scheme but you can apply direct for all the others. And you should definitely go for every single scholarship out there. What better way to demonstrate your commitment than saying you've applied for 16 scholarships on your application form. Your timing unfortunately is wrong. You need to be on this from November onwards. The Air Pilots ones (full PPL scholarahip amongst others) is interviewing now. The Cotswold Airport one has gone, the RAFA one has gone, the Air Cadet ones have been allocated for the summer (but you can apply all year round) and the BWPA went ages ago.

But don't be disheartened. Get your sqn staff to give you the list and get them to help you with the forms. And please please put contact details on the form that you actually can be reached at. I have already seen one very disappointed kid this year who didn't check his email or chase up his application. The ball is always in your court.

And we have one cadet who got a scholarship this year and is interviewing for another so I have been through this a little bit! Good luck

Last edited by GipsyMagpie; 27th Apr 2016 at 21:45. Reason: Spellink