PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Urgent - Oman Air
View Single Post
Old 24th Apr 2016, 19:07
Vortex Thing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do not ever take on a fight unless you are absolutely positively and physically and mentally certain that you will win

OR

you are prepared to loose and prepared for all the consequences and ramifications emotionally, physically, financially and socially.

It doesnt matter if its a who spilled my pint conversation in the pub, a road rage incident, a talk with the wife, a chat with your boss without biscuits or an employer potential, former or current.

It doesnt matter and no one cares if you are correct in law or even morally. Money will often be the beginning and end. They will not play fair, they will ignore you until they legally cannot and try and make everything your fault. They will not care about the media attention and the government (ie the entity controlling the court system) will also be against you. They will threaten your career, your family and even your liberty.

Also bear in mind the law is written in Arabic and translated into English and you will likely find that your transalation and theirs are very very different.

How do I know? I have been there and tried. Sometimes I won, some I lost. It was never a factor of how strong your case was.

Personally the fact that you are getting different stories from lawyers in your home country should tell you something straight away. If the lawyers in your country cannot agree on jurisdiction and a way forward do you really think that this is a fight with any legs?

The poster above says go the route of social media thinking that it is blowing off steam. Actually it is a savvy legal mve in my experience and Ive used it!

Basically you do what is suggested, ie sustained and annoying media barrage then you need to be prepared for them to come back and threaten libel proceedings.

Oddly enough this works in your favour, you could be like hmm ok. Well everything i have said about you is true so if you want to go to court crack on it publicises my underlying case and maybe someone will pick it up as a pro bono once they sense they may get free publicity.meven better you will need to do that in my home country where the legal system actually has trust implicit in it.

Before you start though please be wary of my advice you have to be prepared to accept the consequences and they may be waaay more than you initially think. I.e it is not just a case it could cost you a relationship, a career or even your liberty if it goes wrong. You are playing with the big boys if you take these people on!

Good luck.
VT